Quilting, Knitting, Beading, etc. and living in an RV!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Thanks....


We have much to be thankful for, as always, this year! We have a warm place to live, way more to eat than we need, Hubby has a job, which pays well--even if it's not what he is trained to do. We are reasonably healthy, our family and friends are all well and safe. We live in a great Country, with a new Government that promises we will be returning to the prosperous land that it should be. Life is good.



The bowl above is one of Hubby's first attempts at turning wooden bowls on a lathe. It's primitive--but with his perfectionist tendancies, he'll learn more techniques! :)

My knitting needles have been clicking for weeks! I started a hoodie for my 11 year old grandson, but when I tried it on him last week, he'd grown 3"! He quickly suggested that I should give that one to his smaller, 11 year old cousin and make a second one just like it only bigger!!! Have I been 'worked'???? LOL! Actually, it is a good idea, since I didn't have a gift made for his cousin (who has always acted like I was his other grandma). Had to go scrounge on Ravelry for a couple more skeins of yarn, but I'll 'get 'er done'! :)

Beyond Dinner tomorrow, I have no idea what we'll do this weekend--tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day here in our part of the midwest, but by Sunday it's supposed to snow/sleet/etc. Whatever YOU are doing this weekend, be safe and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home